Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2012 07:01:16 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "j" <jsudin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: files need

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:53:37 -0700, j wrote:
> I am a newbie to linux and unix. I want to install freebsd 8.3
> and want to know what files I need to download.

You can find all required information on FreeBSD's website,
http://www.freebsd.org/

I recommend checking "The FreeBSD Handbook" regarding installation.
What files to obtain is also covered in that section (because it
depends on e. g. what architecture you want to use it, what kind
of media you need and how you want to download it).

For example, here you'll find the installation media:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ISO-IMAGES/8.3/

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany