Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:01:08 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Userconfig still not saving selections in 3.3R

Robert Withrow wrote:

> Since we are slushing towards 3.4R: Apparently the "userconfig
> not saving selections" bug reported in 3.1 is still apparent
> in 3.3R.  Is there an easy fix that could find itself into 3.4R?
>
> (I asked about this in questions and got a reply from someone who
> vefified that it was still broken...)

It is not broken. Maybe it is not being done automatically, though.
Does a /boot/kernel.conf file gets generated automatically? If not,
just kget >/boot/kernel.conf.

Now, what does _not_ happen automatically is this information
getting loaded. Put a userconfig_script_load="YES" line in
/boot/loader.conf.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Then again maybe not going to heaven would be a blessing. Relkin
liked a certain amount of peace and harmony, since there'd been a
pronounced shortage of them in his own life; however, nothing but
peace and harmony, forever and forever? He wasn't sure about that.
And no beer? Very dubious proposition."