Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:28:21 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Organizational issue for this list

Ok, ppl: I have a suggestion to our - and possibly all other - list:

It's out of our hands, so I belive it needs to be voted, aproved and then
submited to the responsible for majordomo.

Whe I am writting to a list, and receiving email from a list, all the
replies that I write - as far as I concern - should go to the list. It
seems to be common sense to me. But things like what happened - I have sent
a reply to Sue, instead of to the list - can cause us some wanste of time
in the best case.

More than that, sometimes, the best answer to a problem is lost because
someone forgot to CC the list on that particular reply !

If one is not part of the list and wants to get eply on his/her question,
just let us know about this or include him/herself on the cc field of the
original email ! It works !

I would like to suggest that the "reply-to" field was changed to contain
"freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG", instead of keeping the original sender's
address. The actual sender could be identified by another field like
"X-Author" or something like that.

Here in Brazil our list works like that. If you need to reply to someone
who does not belong to the list you just include the address on the CC
field and you're done.

An example:

>From: Luiz Rogerio Goncalves de Carvalho <luiz@land.ufrj.br>
>Subject: Re: [freebsd] servidor tcp
>To: freebsd@SBQ.Org.BR
>Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 01:35:56 -0300 (EST)
>Sender: owner-freebsd@SBQ.Org.BR

Note that the "[freebsd]" tag added to the subject line makes it easier to
filter you tons of email in the end of the semester/year/whatever time
period you use to clean up your computer.

a good tag for our group could be [FBSD-newbie].

Your opinions ?