Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:35:03 -0400
From:      "Thomas M. Sommers" <tms2@mail.ptd.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neat aerospace desktop background images?

Brad Knowles wrote:

>         There were a few good photos in here, mostly taken from refueling
> tankers, as the aircraft were coming in or leaving.  I found a couple
> under some of the other operations, and I also got one of the
> Pentagon itself.
>
>         Man, it's scary to think of how close the south loading dock is
> to the building, and how easy it would be to roll up there with a
> semi tractor-trailer full of ANFO or C-4 -- Talk about making the
> Frederick P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City look like a
> kindergarten playground....

If by the loading dock you mean the white-roofed thing on the right in
this picture (which would be the south-east side):

http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Apr1998/DF-ST-87-06962.html

that is the bus terminal, with the subway station below.  The actual
the viewer (the south-west).  If you look toward the right of that side,
you can see the exits of the tunnels that run under the south-east
side.  Until the early 80s, DoD busses used those tunnels.  Directly
above those tunnels, and running along that entire side of the building
is (or at least was; I haven't been there in years) a shopping mall,
which is accessible to the public via the bus and subway stations.