Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2000 19:17:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@bsd4us.org>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS server

Can somebody offer a little help in setting up a CVS server?  Here's what
I've done...  I got a machine that will be more or less dedicated for this
purpose.  I pulled down, from CTM, the cvs-cur.6000XEmpty.gz and all
successive updates, and I unpacked them in my "cvs root."  I'm pretty sure
I can get the daily update to happen using ctm_rmail, no problem there.  I
have no clue about using CVS otherwise, though, especially what it takes
to protect a piece of the tree that we will be updating while updating
the rest using CTM.  Any help is appreciated.  In fact, I would like to
assign someone as the CVS admin - let me know if you are interested.

I should have this server on the internet for interested parties to check
stuff in in the next week or so.  If you have stuff that you would like to
check in, please drop me a personal note so that we can work out logins
and such.  I'm not comfortable with giving out logins to everyone on the
list, though I'm sure I can be a bit more flexible than the FreeBSD core,
since this is not (yet) official FreeBSD, and I don't have an entire
business to support off this box.

FYI, this machine is an x86 200mhz box with 128mb RAM.  It is running
3.4-RELEASE.  I have a 13gb IDE drive dedicated for handling source code
and other project related materials.  Nightly backups will be accomplished
on an DDS-2 4mm DAT drive, using dump (most likely, I haven't
implemented this, yet).

<:)  Lyndon Griffin
http://www.bsd4us.org