Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@misery.sdf.com>
Cc:        Michael Vernick <vernick@CS.SunySB.EDU>, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: I hosed my system with a -current kernel

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Michael Vernick wrote:
>
> > Sorry that I'm not responding to your question, but did you get any
> > answers?  I've also seemed to have hosed my kernel and need a way to
> > copy a kernel from floppy back to the hard disk so I can reboot.
>
>   Is "kernel.GENERIC" hosed too?  If not, just type its name at the boot
> prompt to boot it instead.

I had a problem with hosing my kernel.GENERIC because after the install
of 2.0.5-R kernel and kernel.GENERIC were hard linked together...  not
relizing this... I had recompiled my kernel and did a cp kernel
/kernel...  and as you can imagine I lost kernel.GENERIC...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (503) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)