Date:      Tue, 07 Jan 1997 23:06:39 -0800
From:      Virgil Champlin <champlin@pa.dec.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        champlin@pa.dec.com
Subject:   Two AHA1542CF scsi controllers on 2.1.5-RELEASE

I'm really sorry for what I'm sure is a rediculously simple question but
I stumped.  Will two of these work in the same system and how do you
configure for it?  I've tried the obvious and the symptoms are always
the same.  The probe for "aha0" works fine but the probe for "aha1"
keeps waiting ("timeout", and "timeout AGAIN") although I do see the
activity light very briefly on the second controller.  I believe the
boards are configured correctly and have tested things by swaping their
IO base addresses.  The problem stays with "aha1" even though it is now
physically the other controller.  Basically I added the following 2
lines to my kernel config file (with several twists) and that doesn't
seem to be enough.  Thanks much -virgil

controller  aha1  at isa? port "IO_AHA1" bio irq ? drq 5 vector ahaintr

controller     scbus1

--
    Virgil Champlin			champlin@pa.dec.com
					Palo Alto, CA