Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 15:38:08 -0600
From:      Henrik Hudson <lists@rhavenn.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PROBLEM WITH WIN98+FREEBSD

Just to state...in ALL my FreeBSD installs I have never had it "trash" the
partition table, unless of course I told it too, be it on purpose or accident
:) Windows has of course killed the MBR on me which is why you ALWAYS install
Windows first if you want to dual/tri/quad boot.

On Sunday 11 November 2001 08:54, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
>  Sergey  I just finished doing the same thing as you.
>
>  1.	First and most important.  Backup up your Win98 system to another hard
> drive and remove it from the PC for safe keeping.  FreeBDS will most likely
> trash the hard drive you are installing it on, so keep the backup hard
> drive safe so you can restore it back on to the PC after FBSD in
> installed.
 2.	Using msdos fdisk from floppy display partitions on PC hard
> drive. First partition should be win98 primary c: drive. The remainder of
> hard drive should be undefined. 3.	During FBSD install sysinstall you will
> be asked to create FBSD slice. Use the undefined area on hard drive for
> FBSD. 4.	The FBSD sysinstall is not very smart and will destroy your hard
> drive partitions some times. Do not be upset if this happens because you
> still have your Backup to recover from. I use ghost to bkup my hard drive
> partitions. It works great for all Winxx systems. 5.	You may have to cycle
> through the FBSD sysinstall process a few times until you see how it works.
> This is normal. Nobody gets it right on the first try. 6.	Your best
> reference is to read the FBSD install chapter in the FBSD Book located on
> your FBSD install CD, or on the internet at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

 All thing was normal during the install

--

Henrik Hudson