Date:      Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:52:52 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        Karsten Fuhrmann <karsten_fuhrmann@cartoon-film.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetchmail -> sendmail problem

> Is there a way to tweak the timeout behavior of sendmail, or maybe
> even no dns resolve option for sendmail, or even better some way to
> tell fetchmail to use the idle command to keep the connectio to the
> pop server open ?

sendmail.mc supports FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains'),
	http://www.sendmail.org/m4/README
but I dont know if it forces a skip of DNS lookup (to avoid delay
into your fetchmail timeout)

--
Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix C Net Consultancy, Munich/Muenchen  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii, not HTML.		Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.