Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:14:24 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Sam Sen <techlists@kubicle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: National SemiConductor NIC

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:30:35AM -0500, Sam Sen wrote:
> Had problems with the National SemiConductor NIC (sis0 chipset) when I was running freebsd 4.8.
> i moved to 5.1, and everything seemed to work fine except that my mouse no longer worked.

Sparse information to help you with your mouse.

> The error message I was getting was "sis0: watchdog time out"
> I wonder if this has been fixed in 4.9

Sounds like an interrupt problem, but yet again hard to say more
without at least dmesg and pciconf -lv to see details of your hardware
and what the kernel thinks about it.
I'm not aware of any problem with NatSemi chips in general, likely that
this is something special with your ntoebook.

ticso@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de