Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:21:42 +0100
From:      Matthew Frost <matthewf@orac.frost.net>
To:        Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
Cc:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>, Helge Oldach <helge.oldach@atosorigin.com>, daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Completely unstable -stable (IPSEC)

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 01:15:33AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> >I'm not sure if I've encountered a similar problem but I upgraded
> >from a -STABLE from 3rd of June to a 4.4-PRERELEASE and the box
> >would panic whenever an interface was configured up.
> >
> >I was using INET6 / IPSEC / IPSEC_ESP options, but removing the
> >INET6 option has fixed it so I think something's not quite right
> >still (unless I'm barking up the wrong tree).
> >
> >I will try and get more information about the panic when I'm back
> >with the machine again.
>
> 	- what kind of network interface are you using?

It's a machine with 2 xl interfaces.

> 	- does the situation change if you swpa the interface to different
> 	  card? (like fxp to de)

Unfortunately I'm not able to do that at the moment.

I'm going to try and get some useful info about the crash, I've
enabled crash dumps on the machine - is this going to get me
sufficient info or should I apply some other magic to the kernel
config?

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/