Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 1995 19:50:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RS485 bus implementation...

Ok, after RTFS and soforth, it looks like I'll get away with folding
something into the sio driver akin to the lp interface in the lpt driver.

Having said that, I come to the next question 8)

What's the ioctl to set/get the physical address for an interface?
I've found SIO[GS]IFPHYSADDR in the if_fe driver, but these are
effectively unused as the values don't appear to be defined anywhere.

I need to be able to set the physical address for obvious reasons 8)

Also, to mark an sio port for use as a multidrop interface, I guess I'll
need a bit in the flags.  Any objection to 0x40 (one to the right of the
multiport bit?)

And another; is there any information on the SOCK_RAW option to socket()?
For my purposes, this is what I'll mostly be using, and the manpage
refuses to talk about it 8(

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[