Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:19:47 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        James Snow <snow@teardrop.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suspend/resume on T22 running 5.2.1

On 26 Apr 2004 at 9:25, James Snow wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 08:46:20AM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> >
> > I've recently starting using suspend/resume on my ThinkPad
> > T22.  I've found that running "acpiconf -s S3" works
> > well.  After finding that my mouse did not function
> > after resume, I added 'hints.psm.0.flags="0x2000"' to
> > /boot/device/hints.  The mouse now functions after resume.
>
> Are you using moused or an external mouse? I have X
> accessing the pointer at the center of the keyboard directly
> via /dev/psm0 on my T22 and it's always come back fine after
> a suspend/resume.

I am using moused: /usr/sbin/moused -3 -p /dev/psm0 -t auto

> > My next goal is to find a way to easily restore wi0 and
> > the default route after resume.
>
> I'd be interested to see where you get with this. My ath0
> goes away on suspend and won't come back until the card is
> removed and reinserted.

I suspect that writing a little script will be what's needed.

I think what I really want to get working is hibernate.  My
understanding is suspend just puts you to sleep: battery power is
still used.  Hibernation actually saves stuff to disk and restores
from that later.  The advantage to hibernation is that it does not
use battery power.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/