Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:40:23 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@alfacom.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -CURRENT + UDF = panic

Vladimir Kushnir wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Scott Long wrote:
>

> >Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> >

> >>I'm not sure for how long but at least last couple of weeks any
> attempt to
> >>mount CD with UDF gives
> >>
> >>panic: lockmgr: locking against myself
> >>
> >>plus quiet reboot (no dump, no break to DDB - nothing) on my
> -CURRENT box.
> >>

> >Can you share what program you used to create the udf filesystem?  Also,
> >making
> >an image available of the disk might be useful too.
> >

> >Scott
> >

> It was burned under win2k with Nero. As far as image is concerned... well,
> it's 700 MB - a bit too big for my poor modem dialup line, isn't it?
>
> Vladimir

Ok, I'm aware of problems reading disks generated by Nero.  Nero's
interpreation of
the UDF spec is a bit liberal in places, and requires a bit of ugly code
to make work
right.  I'll work on generating an image myself and fixing it in the
next few weeks.
FWIW, the (experimental) UDF support in mkisofs has similar problems.  Disks
created with DirectCD and InCD usually work well, though.

Scott