Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 10:44:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems again.. (fwd)

I don't know where he got my name but I am not able to help with
this, and so am turning it over to you.

	Annelise
_______________message follows______________________

Dear Anderson,

thanx for your response.just to make things easier i low-level formatted
the hdd,having the backup of freebsd directory,and making it a fresh
installation.But to my luck things went wrong and now i can't boot into
BSD. everything seems to be the same like it was before.
The same hard disk,same 70MB dos partition having freeBSD dir on it.
even i am following the same method of installation.but it would keep on
giving the error message, after completing installation :

Boot.help not found,
Boot.config not found
Kernel not found!

I was facing the same problem before but how i managed to get past i
don't remember.I suspect it to be some settings problem in partition
editor and label editor.I have alloted 70MB to a dos partition having
FreeBSD directory.The remaining is alloted to freeBSD partition
(type165) having flag 'c='now it would leave some space above dos par
and some space below freebsd par.I tried each and every tip and trick in
the partition editor menu, but it won't work.and for the label editor i
have tried alloting the remaining 1630MB automatically to all file
system slices and swap space. Even i tried manually mounting them and
specifying their mount points with UFS set to N and Y (tried both)
I have been trying this for the last two days,and tried installing more
than a dozen times but after completion the same error messages that
kernel,boot.help & boot.config not found.

Please help me out personally I will appreciate your support.reply ASAP.

best of regards,
Muzammil