Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:26:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Shannon Wheeler <swheeler@altech.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 50 console lines

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Shannon Wheeler wrote:

> ummm....
>
> anyone know how to set my text (VGA) consoles to 50 (or so) lines?

vidcontrol -f 8x8 <path to an 8x8 font>
vidcontrol VGA_80x60

There are fonts in /usr/share/syscons/fonts, all of which are ugly.  There
are likely other fonts available elsewhere.  You can load the fonts in
/etc/rc.conf, and I think you can set the screen mode there as well, but I
don't remember.

David scheidt