Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 1995 05:54:13 +0200
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/i386 swapgeneric.c autoconf.c

   On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Peter Wemm wrote:
   >   I've moved it from swapgeneric.c to autoconf.c, since autoconf.c also deals
   >   with dumpdev things.  There may be a better place.....

   I forgot to mention this fixes PR#868, and my un-emailed gripes about
   dumpon and savecore not working right in the middle of a major
   kernel panic run......   (savecore is currently, reliably and
   repeatedly causing a panic in vm_bounce_page_free()).

   [ I can also reliably and repeatedly panic the system with
     'dd if=/dev/rsd0s1b of=/dev/null bs=1024k'
     (a 32MB system with bounce buffering enabled).  ]

It also still panics this way with BT controllers, including PCI versions
which should not need bounce buffering at all.

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND,
hsu@clinet.fi  work +358-0-4375209 fax -4555276 home -8031121