Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2012 13:13:00 +0400
From:      Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov@gmail.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gstreamer and VDPAU

Hi,

The question is simple - Gstreamer (and, eventually, Totem) and VDPAU -
how to make them work together?

I see two options so far:
- multimedia/gstreamer-plugins-vdpau - installed, doesn't seem to be
auto-enabled, CPU usage is still high while playing video - what am I
missing here?
- multimedia/libva + multimedia/vdpau-video + gstreamer-vaapi; last one
isn't in ports, I'm trying to port it, with not so great results so far,
getting the following errors with 0.2.5:

libva: libva version 0.32.0
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/va/nvidia_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
Using djbfft for IMDCT transform
Using djbfft for IMDCT transform
** Message: Error: GStreamer encountered a general stream error.
matroska-demux.c(6090): gst_matroska_demux_loop ():
/GstPlayBin2:play/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin20/GstMatroskaDemux:matroskademux0:
stream stopped, reason not-negotiated

Newer versions of gstreamer-vaapi (i.e., 0.3.4 hosted on gitorous) seem
to require newer GStreamer (0.10.35.2, at least for GStreamer itself and
base plugins), so another question is - are there any plans on updating
GStreamer?

And, BTW, if noone else is going to take libva and vdpau-video (this one
should really be renamed to something like libva-backend-vdpau), feel
free to assign them to me.

Thanks,
Yuri