Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:15:40 -0500
From:      Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror failed with error 19.

2012/1/30 Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher@yandex.ru>:
> Usually the cause is that you have created the mirror after partition table.
> And partition size stored in the partition table metadata is greater than available sectors
> in this mirror. Now it is detected by the gpart's integrity checks and gpart on the mirror
> refuses partition table.

Yes, this is exactly what it seems to be.

My solution was to re-break the gmirror from FreeBSD 8 kernel, boot
into FreeBSD 9 kernel and world, then reformat the second drive using
GPT, dump/restore from first drive, boot to second drive, reformat
first drive, set up gmirror per partition, then reboot.

I'm *really* glad I had an ILOM on this server to let me reset it many
many times as I made mistakes and locked up or panicked the system to
the point of lockups.  The procedure I have now is, I believe,
panic-free and lockup-free.  I'll be cleaning up my notes and posting
them somewhere for others.