Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:14:29 -0400
From:      "hinkle@interwork.sdsu.edu" <hinkle@interwork.sdsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up a NAT Router that will route between 3 networks

I was wondering how to modify the appropriate files to setup a FreeBSD
computer to act as a NAT Router, that would do the following:

One NIC card is connected to a private network, with an IP address of
192=2E168=2E0=2E50=2E   This will act as the gateway to all the computers =
in the
technology center, to connect to the internet (Nic Card 2, Provided by Cox=
)
and to the SDSU connection (Nic Card 3)=2E

We need the NAT Router to act as follows:

1) When computers of the private network access the general internet, we
need the NAT to translate to the Cox=2ENet IP, except for all addresses
beginning with 130=2E191=2EX=2EX or 146=2E244=2EX=2EX, or all traffic on p=
ort 1214
(KaZaa), which we need to go the SDSU Connection=2E

2) When the IP Address the data is going to begins with 146=2E244=2EX=2EX =
or
130=2E191=2EX=2EX, or any IP address using port 1214, we need the data to =
route
through the SDSU IP Address=2E

NIC Card Info:

Nic Card 1 (Private Network):

IP: 192=2E168=2E0=2E1
Subnet: 255=2E255=2E255=2E0
Gateway: 192=2E168=2E0=2E1
DNS: 192=2E168=2E0=2E2

Nic Card 2 (Cox Network):

IP: 68=2E15=2E25=2E98
Subnet: 255=2E255=2E252=2E0
Gateway: 68=2E15=2E25=2E65
DNS: 209=2E242=2E128=2E107
DNS2: 209=2E242=2E128=2E101

NIC Card 3 (SDSU TNS Network):

IP: 130=2E191=2E73=2E13
Subnet: 255=2E255=2E255=2E0
Gateway: 130=2E191=2E73=2E254
DNS: 130=2E191=2E1=2E1
DNS2: 130=2E191=2E200=2E1

If someone could give us step-by-step instructions to configure this, it
would be appreciated=2E

Stephen

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E