Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 08:02:17 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Odd network performance via fxp0

>I checked ifconfig, and the media is autoselected.  I checked the man page
>for fxp and lists "full-duplex" as it's only media option.
>
>The machines are connected to a 10/100 auto-switching hub.
>
>Should I manually set the card to 100BaseTX and try half-duplex anyway?

   It supports "full-duplex" and "half-duplex" for media options. Keep in
mind that setting a media option will disable autonegotiation, so the
switch must also be explicitly set to the correct duplex.
   You might want to have a good look at the lights on the switch and on
the ether card and make sure they are how you expect them.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com