Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 22:37:45 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@sicfa.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2-STABLE buildworld fails

In message <20010220132728.A28654@ns.sicfa.org> Lucas Nussbaum writes:
: I wrote the subject line correctly, it's about FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE
: that I'm talking. I'm trying to build it from the sources to be able
: to install it on a (very) small laptop with only 4 MB of RAM.  But
: the make buildworld fails on my 4.2-STABLE box.

Do you have enough swap.

: - Is the problem related to the fact that I build on a 4.2-STABLE box ? (I could bould on a 3.5-STABLE box if it is needed)
: - Should I CVSUP some "older" sources, before the bug appeared ?

Which sorces are you trying to build, exactly.  This might be a
problem with the 2.2.x branch that snuck in over the past few months
since it is so rarely built anymore.

Warner