Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:24:58 -0400
From:      Yarema <yds@CoolRat.org>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Subject:   Re: splitting courier-authlib into master+slave ports

Hello again Oliver,

Another rewrite, putting some code where my mouth is... ;)
<http://yds.CoolRat.org/freebsd/courier-authlib-20050420.01.tgz>;
This one is based on the latest version you provided.

I moved your Makefile to Makefile.opt and made it so that a port which
RUN_DEPENDS on courier-authlib can do:

.include "${PORTSDIR}/security/courier-authlib/Makefile.opt

instead of the usual:

BUILD_DEPENDS+=  courierauthconfig:${PORTSDIR}/security/courier-authlib
RUN_DEPENDS+=   courierauthconfig:${PORTSDIR}/security/courier-authlib

As I proposed in my previous email (quoted below) this solves the
OPTIONS/meta-port issue for dependent ports and keeps courier-authlib
itself from having to deal with it.

I then moved Makefile.ext back to Makefile and very liberally sprinkled it
with lots of comments. Many of which in the form "# Oliver, ...." to
indicate that they are there to point out my changes and are meant to be
deleted.  Otherwise I tried to keep to the style of the original rather
than imposing my style on this edit.

I left 'files/courier-authdaemond.sh' as is and for easy comparison
included my version as 'files/courier-authdaemond.sh.in'

Note that "USE_RCORDER=	courier-authdaemond.sh" will process
'files/courier-authdaemond.sh.in' and not 'files/courier-authdaemond.sh',
that's just how <bsd.port.mk> deals with it.

I also did a bunch of cleanup to make portlint happier.  Most of the
remaining portlint warnings are caused by my comments which are meant to be
deleted anyhow.

--
Yarema
http://yds.CoolRat.org