Date:      Mon, 3 May 2010 22:25:37 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marko Zec <zec@icir.org>
Cc:        Ana Kukec <anchie@freebsd.org>, Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 177677 for review

On Tue, 4 May 2010, Marko Zec wrote:

> On Monday 03 May 2010 23:03:49 Ana Kukec wrote:
>> http://p4web.freebsd.org/@@177677?ac=10
>>
>> Change 177677 by anchie@anchie_malimis on 2010/05/03 21:03:44
>>
>> 	Getting rid of the global variable V_send_so from files other then
>> 	send.[ch].
>
> Just wondering - isn't this change actually increasing the possibility for a
> race between packet datapath and send.ko kldloading / kldunloading?  I.e. had

Yes, but it simplifies locking which is to come once the rest is
correct; as you have figured, you cannot do it lock-free anyway in the module
case ("pfil problem").

> Also, if I'm not mistaking, even if send_sendso_input() returns an error, it
> will have the mbuf consumed / freed, so any further attempts to do anything
> with the mbuf will crash the system.  Do we really want to do m_freem(m) at
> the bottom of send_sendso_input()?

No we don't. Well not in the case there is no socket. Ana knows
already but having this checkpointed in p4 helped me to see where we
were;)

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                   See you when I see you.