Date:      Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:46:42 +0100
From:      Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@wolfpond.org>
To:        NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice/i386 emulation on -amd64

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 06:38:47AM +0000, NAKATA Maho wrote:
> In Message-ID: <20051120081134.GA31753@aoi.wolfpond.org>
> Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@wolfpond.org> wrote:
>
> > Now, when I try to launch openoffice.org, I get the following messages:
> >
> > 	$ openoffice.org
> > 	Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> > 	no suitable windowing system found, exiting.
> >
> > A core dump named 'javaldx.core' can then be found in the current
> > directory.
>
> Many thanks for your trying.
> can you please install i386 ver of JDK 1.4?
> I think this should be located /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/ .
> thanks

I have just done that. No change, javaldx still coredumps.

Apart from that, I have found the "windowing system" message to be in the
file vcl/unx/source/plugadapt/salplug.cxx.

I have recompiled a new version of OpenOffice (took almost 22h, no fun)
with a line "#define OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL 2" in this file. When running the new
i386 OpenOffice, this is what I now get:

	$ openoffice.org
	Segmentation fault (core dumped)
	plugin autodetection: gen
	could not load shared object libvclplug_gen680fi.so
	could not load shared object libvclplug_gen680fi.so
	no suitable windowing system found, exiting.

The libraries are present in /usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/program like
on the build machine where OpenOffice runs fine.

By the way, should I want to see the debug messages for the entire
application, where should I put the OSL_DEBUG_LEVEL definition ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Francois Tigeot