Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:57:02 -0400
From:      "James Halstead" <halstead@dreamscape.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   login.conf question

hey out there!
This is my first time doing someting like an i am having problems
with one part. The session limit does not seem to be working. My
understanding was that this was a hard limit for the number of
simutanious logins a person may have. I created a test account and
was able to have 6 logins open even though the limit is set to 4.
Also I am curious if i set the idletime and warntime right, and if i
need to have the accounting enabled in order for things to work.

thanks for any help.

James

- ---- begin login.conf ----

# login.conf - login class capabilities database.
# After each edit don't forget to run:
# cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

#defaults - defaults for all users except root
# NOTE: default gives no recource limits!!

default:\
 :cputime=unlimited:\
 :filesize=unlimited:\
 :datasize=unlimited:\
 :stacksize=unlimited:\
 :coredumpsize=unlimited:\
 :memoryuse=unlimited:\
 :memorylocked=unlimited:\
 :maxproc=unlimited:\
 :openfiles=unlimited:\
 :manpath=/usr/share/man /usr/local/man:\
 :nologin=/var/run/nologin:\
 :path=~/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin:\
 :priority=0:\
 :setenv=MAIL=/var/mail/$,BLOCKSIZE=K:\
 :term=vt100:\
 :umask=022:\
 :welcome=/etc/motd:\
 :minpasswordlen=8:\
 :copyright=/etc/COPYRIGHT:\
 :idletime=unlimited:\
 :sessionlimit=unlimited:

#root - make absolutly sure root can do anything.
root:\
 :ignorenologin:\
 :umask=077:\
 :tc=default:

#cstudent - limit the recources for c class students.
cstudent:\
 :accounted:\
 :cputime=1h:\
 :filesize=5m:\
 :datasize=10m:\
 :stacksize=10k:\
 :coredumpsize=1m:\
 :memoryuse=10m:\
 :memorylocked=5m:\
 :maxproc=12:\
 :openfiles=20:\
 :requirehome:\
 :umask=077:\
 :sessionlimit=4:\
 :idletime=3h:\
 :warntime=2h45m:\
 :tc=default:

#cprof - give the prof a little more leeway to work with.
cprof:\
 :cputime=1h30m:\
 :datasize=15m:\
 :stacksize=1m:\
 :coredumpsize=2m:\
 :memoryuse=15m:\
 :memorylocked=10m:\
 :maxproc=20:\
 :openfiles=20:\
 :requirehome:\
 :umask=077:\
 :tc=default:

#superuser - more powerful accounts, but not root powerful.
superuser:\
 :ignorenologin:\
 :umask=077:\
 :tc=default:\