Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:29:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Jikes problems

Jikes 1.16 has several bugs. It core dumps, sometimes generates invalid
classfiles, and other bad stuff. Some of this I've seen and other things
only heard about.

As maintainer of the port, I'm wondering what we should do about it...

    Option #0: Do nothing and live with it.
    Option #1: Revert jikes port back to 1.15
    Option #2: Add a new port "jikes-stable" that builds version 1.15
    Option #3: Try to prod the jikes development team to fix the bugs
	       so jikes is more stable and then put out a new release.

I'm thinking Option #2 might be best.. what do other people think?

Thanks,
-Archie