Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kevin Menard <kmenard@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum beginner

Hi,

I have thoroghly RTFM, but still have a question about vinum.  I realize that /
cannot be mirroredd.  I would imagine I would not want to mirror swap space and
/var, simply because they change so frequently and that would put unneeded
stress on the CPU.  Plus it really just doesn't make all that much sense to
mirror temporary data.

My question is this though.  If I have a 9770M drive, with a / = 20M, /var =
50M, swap = 777M, and /usr = the rest, how would I go about mirroring the rest
of the drive?  I mean, there's about 9 gigs of /usr data that could be mirrored.
 And if I changed the fs type for /usr to vinum, will that mess up any other
programs that might store data to /usr?

Thanks,
-Kevin J. Menard, Jr.