Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 1997 01:04:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        jhk@freebsd.org
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   New FreeBSD Picture for Walnut Creek Catalog?

I just got the latest Walnut Creek catalog, and I noticed that the same
old picture of the FreeBSD desktop is used (on page 8). It's a nice
desktop and all, but it's quite gray... and dull..

Compare it to the Linux desktop on page 4 - they've got a fractal and a
guy witha shotgun running around, all in wild colors!

If I were shopping for a Free unix, I'd definately take far more notice to
the Linux layout..

So, I propose a new desktop - one that's more alive, yet looks more
professional than the in your face Linux pic..  I'm sure someone must have
a great looking desktop! For starters, check out mine at:
http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark/FreeBSD

Just my $.02 !

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@quickweb.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		   http://vinyl.quickweb.com/mark
 Nature shows that with the growth of intelligence comes increased capacity
 for pain, and it is only with the highest degree of intelligence that
 suffering reaches its supreme point.  -- Arthur Schopenhauer