Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:50:25 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp, honda@Kururu.math.hokudai.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA NCR53C500 and Future Domain TMC18C30 drivers.

I must apologize to the original author about following message on
this list.

In article <199701290757.QAA03662@lenlen.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>
hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp writes:

>> These drivers are ported from NetBSD/pc98 (based on NetBSD 1.2) and is
>> very dirty because these drivers depend on implementation policy of
>> NetBSD SCSI driver.

I didn't intended to abuse upon the author of original drivers.  I
only meant that current porting status is very dirty.  I think that
original driver is very beautiful code, but we couldn't incorporate it
smoothly into FreeBSD source tree because the implementation policy
between SCSI driver of FreeBSD and it of NetBSD is very different.

I'm very sorry.

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html