Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 09:02:45 -0700
From:      mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>
To:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ignore last request for SGML info

Mark:

The DTD is the Document Type Definition.  This is where the document is
defined so that the compiler can expand the ``macrps'' defined for that
document (Lack of a better definition) I believe HTML is a DTD under
SGML.  I could be wrong....

Each `type' of document needs a DTD to explain which parts of SGML will
be used in that type and how....

There's a good book devoted to DTDs.... I'll have to pull it off the
shelf, so I'll email the title & stuff later....

-Mike