Date:      Wed, 30 May 2007 20:42:19 +0530
From:      "Pradip Caulagi" <caulagi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI autoload failed

Hello!

I am trying to install 6.2 on my Compaq Presario v3000 laptop with AMD
Turion 64 processor.  I am trying the install from the CD.  It fails
with the message -

ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory.

I find this strange 'coz I did install FreeBSD successfully soon after
I purchased my laptop (with ACPI errors during the boot process).
However, I later formatted the disk to install Windows.  I am now
unable to install FreeBSD due to the above error.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Pradip