Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:01:08 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@laserfence.net>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [burnscharlesn@hotmail.com: Advocacy help for CS professor]

Unfortuantely I think yes... but you could try running it in another
desktop with KDE installed... in some cases doing that will just start the
minimal requirements to run it in the other desktop... not sure if KDE
does that though... I know KDE can load GNOME specific stuff as long as
GNOME and GTK+ are installed on the system.

Will

On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Do you have to use KDE to use Konqueror?  I hate KDE, but I'll try any web
> browser.
>
> Eric
>

> Chip Morton wrote:
>
> > At 11:50 AM 3/24/2002, Willie Viljoen wrote:
> > >Have you tried Konqueror?
> > >[ snip ]
> >
> > I recently got turned on to Konqueror, and it's kinda slick.  It's
> > definitely my browser of choice on FreeBSD.  But I do find that there a few
> > pages with "display anomalies" that will send me back to using Internet
> > Explorer.  Not many though.  And I haven't even taken the time to install
> > the Java interpreter yet.
> >
> > >The Kmail client is more or less as user friendly as MS's abomination..
> > >[ more snipping ]
> >
> > Where the hell do you get KMail?  I can't seem to find it anywhere.  Now
> > that I'm actually *using* FreeBSD again, I figured I would try to read my
> > freebsd.org e-mail using its tools instead.
> >
> > << Chip Morton >>

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-chat" in the body of the message

Willie Viljoen
Private IT Consultant

214 Paul Kruger Avenue
Universitas