Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:11:20 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      hmmm <hmmm@alaska.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ftp netrc

i have a NETRC machine entry for my isp.  it just logs me and and lists
my dir, and i want to leave that AS IS.  however, i'd like to write a SH
script that will automatically back up my work and then FTP the archive
to my isp, then exit, and shutdown.

it doesn't seem possible to : ftp send xyz.file
on the command line

and the NETRC file seems to allow only one entry per machine.

so - i can't see how i can do this

but i know with UNIX all things are possible, right? !
 don't part with your illusions.  when they are gone you may still exist, but
 you have ceased to live. -- mark twain
                                                  http://www.alaska.net/~hmmm