Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:29:22 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Access counts.

--nOmnfE42odZVW4AG

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:01:49AM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
+> >Now, let's go back to George's problem. Gmirror detects da0s1 as a part
+> >of the mirror, it creates consumer, etc. Geom gives da0s1a for tasting.
+> >Gmirror opens it for reading, but da0s1 is opened r1w0e1.
+> >In the same time, gmirror's working thread wants to update metadata,
+> >but it cannot do this, because it cannot open da0s1 for writing,
+> >because it has exclusive bit already. In such situation gmirror
+> >disconnects this component.
+>=20
+> Gmirror does something wrong.
+>=20
+> You can upgrade your open from r1w0e1 to r1w1e1 if you want to.

You misunderstud me. We have something like this here:

	taste thread			gmirror thread
	g_access(da0s1a, 1, 0, 0)
	GEOM:g_access(da0s1, 1, 0, 1)
					g_access(da0s1, 0, 1, 1) -> EPERM

This is not the same consumer in taste thread and gmirror thread.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--nOmnfE42odZVW4AG