Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:31:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Thornton, Neill R, HM2" <NRThornton@nmcsd.med.navy.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AlphaServer 2100 5/300... not supported?

I'm the person who did, and continues to regret doing, the 2100
support in FreeBSD.

I (think) I fixed a bug this weekend in the 2100 support code where
EV5 2100s were being identified wrong and their t2 CSRs were being
accessed in the wrong location.

Try http://people.freebsd.org/~gallatin/kernel.2100.gz
Slap it onto the 4.4 boot floppy in place of the kernel that was
there.

If it works, you'll need to make sure to copy that kernel into / after
the install is done & to upgrade to -stable past this weekend.

Also, note that FreeBSD doesn't support SMP on alphas in -stable, only
in -current.  If you decide to go for -current, make sure you use a
-current past this weekend (as I squashed some 2100 bugs in current
too).

Drew