Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:06:20 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Dima Sivachenko <dima@Chg.RU>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/10388: Obsolete information in Handbook

>Number:         10388
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Obsolete information in Handbook
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

Chapter "Building a packet filtering firewall" states that "FreeBSD does not
have the ability to load firewall rules at boot time". Also this chapter
offeres some suggestions about how to do so. After trying to implement
these directions I came across /etc/rc.firewall and the corresponding
lines in /etc/rc.conf. I think that the appropriate paragraph should
be removed from the Handbook in order not to mislead people.

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

My english is not good enough to correct this problem :(