Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:58:28 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   4-user KVM experiences?

I currently have a Cybex Autoview 200 2-user, 8 computer KVM and love
it. One feature I very much love, it allows me to have both user ports
on the same computer and both keyboard/mouse can be used, very nice
for training, showing things.

Unfortunatly I need a 4-user KVM now, 8 computers would be still enough.
I tried an Apex 4XP (1998 kvm), it doesn't allow the above feature,
is 1024x768 max resolution and doesn't support handing screensaver
putting the monitor into powersave through. I also tried a Raritan
MX48, even with all Raritan cables, the image quality at 1280x1024
is pretty bad (example: Outlook new messages are bold black, non-new
ones are black, hard to make out the difference). The Raritan also
doesn't hand through the powersave for monitors.

So anyone here who could recommend a KVM?

--
Regards, Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
You can find my resume at: http://seven.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html