Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 1995 22:00:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rashid Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ANNEX'es erpcd: WEIRD behavior

		Hi there folx,

	I have this weird problem here:

	We have a dozen of ANNEX Terminal Servers serving
	our customers. The beast authentificates thru "erpcd"
	daemon via some rather proprietory protocol.
	Works fine on Sun Sparcs ( 2,10), but the version I
	compiled for FreeBSD moves the load aver. of the PC
	it runs on up to the level of 70-100.(P90/SCSI)
	It does authentificate though - at least first few
	minutes, but it literally dies afterwards :(

	Personally I think that P90 ( at least the one I have)
	easily outdoes SS10 - so this is not  because of the lack
	of resources ... the application is very resource consuming.
	Even if you run "top" , you see erpcd's as the top processes.

	The password file is about 1 Mb big  , there are about 15,000
	accounts in it - in case it will help

	Rashid