Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 12:23:39 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        "James Higgins" <higginsj@iname.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Problems

> I can dial my ISP and connect.  I get an IP address assigned to me, and the
> route is set properly.  I can't seem to get anywhere.  I had the identical
> problem with linux and never found a solution.  ppp gives me alot more
> information than pppd so I am pursuing this one
> more aggresively. : )
[.....]

How about if you enable tcp/ip logging ?  Do you see the packets
going out ?

If you do, and nothing is coming back, your ISP is probably the only
one that can tell you what's happening to the traffic :-/

It may also be interesting to traceroute from the outside and see how
far the packets get....

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>