Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2013 12:47:10 -0700
From:      John Clark <jeclark2006@aim.com>
To:        Aleksander <aleek@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: P1020wlan REV D DTS file?

On Jul 30, 2013, at 11:35 PM, Aleksander <aleek@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Yes, you need to modify your dts in order to use existing tsec driver. =
The attachment contains my patched p1020rdb.dts file. As you can see I =
disabled first and second tsec and using only third.
> The major change is putting mdio0 as a child of enet0. Please be =
aware, that this code is not refactored - I just wanted it to work by =
now:) Also, pcie might not work.
>=20
> regards
> aleek

I was eventually able to get the tsec0 device up. However, it required a =
'mod' to the code which allowed the mdio registers at 24000 to be mapped =
in to manage the phy. I don't know exactly why
that was required.

I moved on to the real time clock, thinking that it would be easy=85 for =
some reason, when the second i2c bus was tested, the simplistic 'probe' =
seem to indicate there was a second ds1339 and so, clobbered
the first, and only, ds1339 instance. I hacked that to only have on =
instance of an RTC.

I've moved on to the PCIE interface, and while it seems to setup =
registers, etc. when I run pciconf from the command line, now that NFS =
mounting at boot works, I don't see any devices associated with the PCIE =
interface.

Do you have any comments on the PCIE interface and why even device =
config info is not being listed via pciconf.

Thanks,
John Clark.