Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 1995 19:04:37 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@netcraft.co.uk>
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libforms - thumbs up or down?

> It's hanging in draw_box(), since libforms expects this function to
> take a single argument, while libncurses actually wants half a dozen
> of them.
>
> Prototypes would have avoided this. :-)

No in this case, there is a prototype for draw_box but it's never declared
anywhere since it's just a function pointer. ncurses could probably
do with some prototyping in it's headers then maybe it would have clashed
with the one in my headers.

> This looks very weird, i'm not sure how it is _supposed_ to work from
> looking at the code.

Well, it looks like I decided to have an internal widget that draws a box
but didn't finish it, instead of having an user-defined function to draw
the box (there's evidence of how it used to be in the example.c, UserRoutine()
function, I think it used to call the curses draw_box function from there
as a user-supplied function. I think I was trying to provide as much
libdialog L&F as I could internally and never finished it. What's missing
is a device independant draw_box handler which calls the appropriate
device specifica handler i.e. ncurses_draw_box(). I've added a brute
force draw_box() which now does this just so people can see it run
before they delete it :-) When freefall unhangs you'll see the commit.

--
  Paul Richards, Netcraft Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)