Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:30:05 +0900
From:      "Hidetoshi Shimokawa" <simokawa@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Doug Rabson" <dfr@rabson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] MPSAFE firewire

All the access to the RX DMA is dispatched from a taskqueue,
so that they are serialized and they don't need a lock.
As far as I understand, the code paths you concern are running
in a single thread(fw_taskq).

Correct me, if I'm wrong.

FWXFERQ_HANDLER is currently used only by fwe and fwip.
For DV streams, since the queue is access by userland threads,
we need a lock.

--
/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@FreeBSD.ORG