Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 14:55:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-advocacy <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD Network

Do you have a FreeBSD website?

Let's generate a FreeBSD web link circle. The kind of thing where people
who discuss a topic on their web pages link to one another.

Call it the "FreeBSD Network". Make a graphic with two littles daemons
connected by some pipes. (a la ::gag:: "Network Neighborhood")

This is an extension of the FreeBSD gallery concept that is distributed to
increase coverage.

If we can get those groups and people who use FreeBSD to put a small blurb
as to "why" they chose FreeBSD, perhaps we can generate an image of a
tightly knit community that really has something to offer.

Most importantly, if we can get heavy hitting FreeBSD users to be part of
the circle, we can influence potential adopters. Give the heavy hitters
prominence in the web documents which is in their best interest and it is
a win-win situation for FreeBSD and its users.

Not every jane-user has a compelling reason for using FreeBSD that would
influence a CEO. But those jane-users can certainly link to a document
that does offer a compelling reason to use FreeBSD.

If you people like this, then I will start the process. Let me know.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/