Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 19:47:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ken@kdm.org>
Subject:   dmesg, xfree86

Doncha just *love* dmesg?  ;-)  Now if only I could understand more about
xfree86 (4.2.0) properly identifying my ATI All in Wonder (Rage 128) 16mb
AGP videocard and Dell M781p monitor, I'd be the happiest guy in
FreeBSDland!  For example, in /boot/loader.conf I cannot even get a
splash-screen BMP to show, nor do I fully understand "USB Modules."  Could
y'all poke me in the right direction, please?  Dankuh,

# uname -a
FreeBSD [snip]san.rr.com 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 28 14:31:56 GMT 2002 murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC i386

--
Peter Leftwich