Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:17:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Craig Burgess" <craig@CheetahUSA.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE - XFree - netscape + gnome problems

Craig Burgess writes:
 > I did not locate a port of Netscape which would install. The tar file for
 > Tru64 from Compaq almost worked except that it would not resolve a URL.
 >
 > I had both 'netscape-wrapper' & 'netscape-remote' installed from long ago
 > but couldn't make the pieces play together.
 >
 > Then I found a package for Netscape-4.76 which **did** install and required
 > netscape-wrapper & netscape-remote and it all seemed to go fine except -- it
 > still doesn't resolve a URL.
 >
 > In .cshrc I have 'setenv MOZILLA_HOME  /usr/local/lib/netscape'
 >
 > If this is enough information, what can I do to make it work?

4.77 installed from ports ages ago works just great.

Can you define 'doesn't resolve a URL' -- you mean DNS doesn't work
for OSF/1 progs?

What's in your /etc/resov.conf? (or /compat/osf/etc/resolv.conf, iff
it exists; it shoudn't exist)

And does /compat/osf/etc/svc.conf list hosts as:
hosts=local,bind,yp

Drew