Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 18:37:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Dale Walker <dale@icr.com.au>
Cc:        "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeloading FreeBSD for Free -- NOT!

>> Good idea.  So what are the frequently asked questions?
>> (email me and I can start that list).
>
>for the moment it'll have to probably be an archive of the list... cause,
>now that you ask... I just acn't think of any..

1.  "I've got this great [IPX|IPC|SS2|your old dead slow Sun here] that
     I want to put FreeBSD on.  What's supported?"

Answer:  The first machines out of the gate are going to be the
sorta-high-end Ultrasparcs which are expected to drop in price to be
competetive with the x86 architecture within the next year.  Non-ultra
platforms will follow later, based most likely on popularity and the
assistance of the interested user base.

(Gussied up with the correct lingo, of course, by someone who talks the
 talk.. :-)

Heh...where do I send-pr this sucker?  :-)

Happy trails,

Brian