Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 1996 12:30:49 -0700
From:      "Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse" <jdw@wwwi.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trap 12/supervisor read, page not present

At 05:34 AM 6/15/96 -0700, you wrote:
>   This appears to be a "known" bug. I didn't notice in your original message;
>was this with 2.1R or a recent SUP of -stable?

Both, with -stable sup'd on Friday.  I resupped yesterday and got
rev 1.22.4.4 of vm_map.c, and built a new kernel with that (old one
was 1.22.4.2).

Now the machine reboots every few hours with nothing at all in the
dmesg and savecore reports "no core dump."  Perhaps there is something
else I am doing wrong?  Bad hardware?  My machine isn't pounding nearly
as hard as, say, ftp.cdrom.com.

I have avoided DDB until now because since I've never used FreeBSD before,
and I know the BSDI kernel debugger can cause the system to wait for
operator input before rebooting.  Now I will break down and install it.
I will speak again if that helps me learn something.  In the meantime, if
you have any advice, or know of any other way in which I can help, please
let me know.

Later,
Jeff