Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:34:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Naydoe Maung <nyingelay@hotpop.com>
Cc:        Jacob Rhoden <jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [OT] Reverse ssh through firewall?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Naydoe Maung wrote:

> On Sunday 10 November 2002 09:05 pm, Jacob Rhoden wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > If I have two machines (one at work, and one at home) and one of them has
> > all ports firewalled (I can ssh from work to home, but not home to work).
> > Is there a way to open ssh on the home machine and have my work computer
> > connect to it (so that i have access to my work machine from home).
> >
> > Any ideas much appreciated...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jacob
> >
> > Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
> > ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
> > Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386
> >

> More detailed info on the issue will be much more helpful, but let's just work
> on possible assumptions here.

Not sure about Naydoe's answer; think this will work...

From a machine in your office that runs sshd:

ssh foo@your.home.machine -R 2022:localhost:22

and leave that connection open. Then at your home machine, you can ssh
to localhost:2022 and the connection will be tunnelled to your work
machine.

Is that what you're after?

jan

PS. The "localhost" is resolved on the work machine relative to it.

Usenet: The separation of content AND presentation - simultaneously.