Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 1995 23:00:44 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp

Hi

I've been using IIJPPP more and more and I'm sometimes seeing the
following in the log file, and I'm just wondering what on earth it
means!

08-09 21:57:38 [107] HDLC errros -> FCS: 1 ADDR: 0 COMD: 0 PROTO: 0

It sometimes is FCS: 2, but the strange thing is that it doesn't occur
EVERY time I dial in, just sometimes...

Thanks

Gary

P.S. Sometimes my ISP answers the modem but doesn't give me a login
     prompt. I've tried various dial strings, but I can't get my modem
     to hang up when the login fails - it just stays on line and ppp
     keeps wondering why the dials after that fail... any hints? Thanks!